We visited Nusa Penida Island on Day 4!
Nusa Penida is accessible by boat from Sanur! I booked a driver/package and it included: hotel transfer + boat rides to and fro + driver for the entire Nusa Penida Island + lunch! The package costed around SGD80 each - actually it included snorkelling w the manta rays too but there honestly wasn't much time so we gave that a miss!
My driver's contact here: Rod, +62 818-0533-3747
The boat ride: So the ride from Sanur to Nusa Penida took about 40 minutes and i took the earliest ferry at 830am! One thing to note is that the ferry cannot dock right at the shore so you definitely have to walk in the water to get onto the ferry! The day i went wasn't too bad so the water was only up to my thighs but I have personally experienced having to swim to my boat before in Boracay so just take note (don't wear tight pants that can't be folded up or shoes...?)
The driver was already waiting for us when we arrived and he brought us first to Angel Billabong and Broken Beach. (about 1 hour drive from the ferry dock - note that the roads are extremely bumpy!!)
Angel Billabong:
To be honest I expected a lot before visiting because of what I saw on IG but in reality it was soooo crowded!!!! But it was super calming to just stand before the wide ocean and enjoy the sound of the waves :')
Broken Beach:
Broken beach was so freaking beautiful too!! Do remember to put on sunscreen when exploring Nusa Penida cos it is extremely hot and I got really badly burnt here hahaha
We went to Kelingking Beach after this which was around 45 mins away! The roads were super bumpy once again. We had a pit stop and had lunch before exploring but we didn't go down to the beach cos it was gonna take 30 mins to go down and 1.5 hours to come back up :(
There is no better way to show the beauty of this place than a video!! The water was glistening and it was so pretty :') I would highly recommend to go down to the beach if anyone had the luxury of time at Nusa Penida!
We took the 430pm boat ride back to Sanur and then had dinner at Motel Mexicola, Seminyak!
I literally didn't take any pics here even tho it's such a 'cool' place on IG cos we were starving and had to wait 45 minutes for our seat and when we wanted to go elsewhere they finally had a seat and brought us upstairs where there was literally no one.... I had quite a bad experience w the service but the food was not bad, just a little pricey for the quantity!
Next post will cover where to go in Ubud!
x


